Ever heard of a little TV network called HGTV? We thought so. Susan Packard, co-founder of HGTV and one of the key media minds behind CNBC, Food Network, The Travel Channel, and more, visited The Fool earlier this month to discuss emotional intelligence and her new book Fully Human. She sat down with Kate Herman, head of Learning and Development at The Fool, leaving the audience with a few key takeaways:
- Emotional fitness is all about steadiness, peace of mind, and joy. It’s not just about doing – it’s about being.
- Emotional fitness is like physical fitness: You must practice it regularly to develop those muscles.
- Three steps to develop emotional fitness as a leader:
- You must have a Willingness to gain greater self awareness
- Build Trust with your employees
- Develop “We Principles” – look beyond your individual needs and desires to the greater good of the whole
Check out Fully Human to learn more about Susan’s take on developing emotional fitness in work, leadership, and life. Happy reading, Fools!